Communicating Effectively with Colleagues and Clients
Your ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients will be one of the key determinants of your success throughout your career, especially in the role of manager. Participants will learn how to better develop communication skills at work and build lasting relationships with colleagues and clients as well as understand and develop your assertiveness. You will develop those skills and overcome the day-to-day barriers, enhancing your confidence and capabilities at getting your message across in a variety of situations. This will allow you to choose the right channel for communication depending on the type of client that you work with and the situation that requires attention.
- Identifying and overcoming the barriers to effective communication
- Choosing the right channel – face-to-face, email, phone or letter
- One way v two way communication
- Making your briefings more effective
- Understanding the importance of the non-verbal message
- Basics of effective questioning and active listening
- Fundamentals of effective business writing
- Understanding and developing your assertiveness
- Handling difficult situations
- Delivering constructive feedback
New credit option for 2020
Our training courses credits could provide a more flexible payment option. Call 0116 258 1200 to find out more or visit our credits page.