Data Protection: Getting to Grips with the GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulations came into force in April 2016, with the deadline for compliance coming up fast - 25 May 2018. An evolution of the "previous" Data Protection Act, the GDPR bring into sharp focus the rights of the data subject (the individual to whom the data relates), and the responsibility of both the "data controller" and the "data processors" (the businesses holding/processing that data) to manage and protect the information that they hold.
This session will discuss:
- The fundamentals of the GDPR
- Key enhancements from the Data Protection Act
- Likely implications for Accountancy firms
- Practical advice for clients
- What happens if you get it wrong