Practical Auditing Problems
While many areas of audit fieldwork are routine, this course will cover the common weaknesses encountered in more complex or unusual cases as well as the methods and techniques to be employed to prove particular assertions.
The course consists of a mixture of formal lecturing, case studies and discussions designed to highlight a range of common problem audit areas such as:
- Causes of inefficiency within audit fieldwork
- Demonstrating professional scepticism
- Fixed assets (including intangible, investments and impairment reviews)
- Stock and work in progress
- Income recognition and completeness of income testing
- Related party transactions and directors' benefits
- Laws and regulations
- Going concern and subsequent events
Who should take the course
The course will be suitable for audit assistants and seniors who have responsibility for preparing audit files up to manager review stage, and will generally be appropriate for those who have completed between 12 and 36 months audit experience.
New credit option for 2020
Our training courses credits could provide a more flexible payment option. Call 0116 258 1200 to find out more or visit our credits page.