Entrepreneurs Relief - A Guide to Planning Opportunities and Avoiding Pitfalls
Following the NAO report in 2014 which revealed that Entrepreneurs’ Relief was costing the Exchequer over £3 billion a year, the Government have sought to tighten
the rules and stop perceived abuse. This has resulted in both technical changes in recent Finance Acts (including Finance Act 2019) and increasing challenges on claims.
The latter has led to increased appeals to the Tax Tribunals and this further adds to the complexity of this sought-after relief.
This course provides a detailed examination of the Entrepreneurs’ relief legislation and any relevant case law highlighting the planning opportunities available and the pitfalls to be avoided. The course includes numerous examples to illustrate the points raised.
The course will include
- A road map to the legislation
- Identification of qualifying business disposals
- Qualifying shares – the FA 2019 rules
- Forms of share consideration and understanding the pitfalls
- Earn-outs and deferred consideration
- Partnerships and joint ventures
- ER and property used in the business including associated disposals
- Particular issues with trusts
- Risk areas for clients
- Introduction to the new Investors’ Relief
New credit option for 2020
Our training courses credits could provide a more flexible payment option. Call 0116 258 1200 to find out more or visit our credits page.