Company Law for Accountants
The course is designed to provide an overview of all the main developments in company law relevant to SMEs and to those advising them. It will be fully updated up to two weeks before the course, but the indicative content is set out below.
- What is a director?
- Key elements of directors’ contracts, including restrictive covenants and bad leaver clauses
- Directors’ duties – recent cases and principles to include implications of Tinkler, when does duty to creditors kick in where a company is ailing?
- Personal liability for directors – beware of some important recent litigation
- The problem with dividends
- Minority protection – the shareholders’ agreement
- Companies House reform
- GDPR developments and liability
CPD Hours - 2
New credit option for 2020
Our training courses credits could provide a more flexible payment option. Call 0116 258 1200 to find out more or visit our credits page.