Company Law for Accountants
The course is designed to provide an overview of all the main developments in company law relevant to SMEs and to those advising them.
- Who are the company’s directors and how do the courts interpret the statutory definition?
- Appointment and removal of directors.
- Directors’ statutory duties (including the duty to report under s172) and recent case law (including Stobart Group v Tinkler)
- Recent changes to legislation (including Corporate Governance and Insolvency Act 2020 and the revised filing regulations)
- Legislative changes as a result of Brexit (if known at the time of the course!)
- Personal liability for directors – when does this occur and how can it be avoided
- Transactions with directors requiring member approval
- Ensuring that dividends are lawful
- Dealing with minorities – the shareholders’ agreement and unfairly prejudicial claims
- Companies House reform
CPD Hours - 2
Purchase credits and save
Our training courses credits could provide a more flexible payment option. Call 0116 258 1200 to find out more or visit our credits page.