Capital Gains Tax - Business Asset Disposal Relief (formerly Entrepreneurs’ Relief)
No need to panic it‘s just a name change BUT still a complex relief. There may only be £1million allowance available after Finance Act 2020 but it still needs to be secured.
This online course looks at the key essentials as well as ensuring opportunity is maximised and problems avoided. Ever since the NAO report in 2014 which revealed that Entrepreneurs’ Relief was costing the Exchequer over £3 billion a year, the Government has sought to tighten the rules and stop perceived abuse. This has resulted in technical changes in recent Finance Acts and increasing challenges on claims resulting in increased appeals to the Tax Tribunals adding to the complexity of this sought-after relief.
The course will include
- A road map to the legislation
- Identification of qualifying business disposals
- Qualifying shares – the detail
- Forms of share consideration and understanding the pitfalls.
- Land and buildings used in the business including associated disposals Risk areas for clients
Purchase credits and save
Our training courses credits could provide a more flexible payment option. Call 0116 258 1200 to find out more or visit our credits page.